SEO test answer is most effective for freelancer and others. I hope, if you study this question more and more, you will be acquire a huge knowledge about SEO world. Most effective SEO test answer will help you to know search engine optimization (SEO).
Best SEO test Answer are given below:
1. Which of the following is not a valid method for verifying site ownership on Google?
a) HTML file verification
b) Meta tag verification
c) Google Analytics code verification
d) None of these. (Answer)
2. Which of the following statements is true about Sitemaps?
a) If a site is accessible on both the www and non-www versions of its domain, a separate Sitemap for each version must be submitted.
b) A Sitemap file must contain no more than 50,000 URLs and must be no larger than 50MB when uncompressed. (Answer)
c) A Sitemap file should be specified under the following XML namespace: xmlns=”http://www.google.com/schemas/sitemap/0.9″.
d) Google only accepts Sitemap files in XML format.
3. Which of the following HTML attributes can be used to provide descriptive text for site assets that a search engine crawler doesn’t typically recognize?
b) ALT (Answer)
4. Which of the following practices may improve the Domain Authority rank of an automobile trading website? A: Submitting the website to all directories that are available.B: Getting backlinks from auto-niche blogs. (Answer)C: Getting backlinks from fashion-niche blogs.D: Using Robots to post on forums.E: Manually posting at least 50 comments/day.
a) A, D and E
b) B (Answer)
c) B, D and E
d) All of above.
5. Which of the following is an example of “Cloaking”, which is considered a “black hat” SEO technique?
a) Sending a visitor to a different URL than the one they initially requested. (Answer)
b) Locating text behind an image.
c) Serving a page of HTML text to search engines, while showing a page of images or Flash to users.
d) Using CSS to position text off-screen.
6. Which is the correct usage of the Keyword Planner Tool in order to get a Phrase Match search volume for “New York hotels”?
a) New York Hotels
b) “New York Hotels” (Answer)
c) [New York Hotels]
d) ?New York Hotels
7. Which of the following statements is true about the effect of page load times to a page’s ranking in Google’s search results?
a) Page load times affect a page’s ranking, and is given the same importance as a page’s relevance to the search query.
b) Page load times affect a page’s ranking, but is given lesser importance compared to a page’s relevance to the search query. (Answer)
c) Page load times do not affect a page’s ranking.
d) Google gives up on crawling a page if its load time is greater than 5 seconds.
8. Which of the following is true about Google’s treatment of keyword density in a given page?
a) Keyword density is no longer being considered by Google’s search algorithms.
b) Targeted keywords should be used as frequently as possible in a page to maximize PageRank.
c) Artificially increasing keyword density offers diminishing returns and may be penalized for “keyword stuffing” if taken too far. (Answer)
d) None of these.
9. Which of the following examples are considered by Google as “auto-generated” content? Select all that apply.
a) Text translated by an automated tool without human review or curation before publishing
b) Text generated from scraping Atom/RSS feeds or search results (Answer)
c) Text generated by the website’s content management system
d) Text generated using automated synonymizing or obfuscation techniques
10. Which of the following are recommended actions to take when a website is penalized by an “Unnatural links to your site” Manual Action from Google? Select all that apply.
a) Removing old content from the site.
b) Preventing links that violate Google’s guidelines from passing PageRank.
c) Using the Google Webmaster Tools to disavow any offending links that the site management isn’t responsible for. (Answer)
d) Requesting reconsideration of the site from Google.
11. What is the most likely time period required for getting a Google page rank?
a) More Than 3 months.(Answer)
b) 4 months
c) 5 months
d) 6 months or more
12. Which of the following factors have an impact on the Google PageRank?
a) The total number of inbound links to a page of a web site (Answer)
b) The subject matter of the site providing the inbound link to a page of a web site
c) The text used to describe the inbound link to a page of a web site
d) The number of outbound links on the page that contains the inbound link to a page of a web site
13. If your site is not appearing in Google search results because of some unethical SEO practices in the recent past, _________________.
a) abandon and close your website permanently.
b) modify the page contents, make them useful and relevant to the human users, and request Google to reconsider your site. (Answer)
c) start a PPC campaign to get your site included in the sponsored results.
d) it is better to discontinue the website and shift your webpages to a fresh website with a new domain name. (Answer)
14. What does the term Keyword Prominence refer to?
a) It refers to the fact that the importance of choosing high traffic keywords leads to the best return on investment
b) It refers to the importance attached to getting the right keyword density
c) It refers to the fact that the keywords placed in important parts of a webpage are given priority by the search engines (Answer)
d) It refers to the fact that the keywords in bold font are given priority by the search engines
15. What will happen if you type the words ‘Certification -Networking’ in the Google search box?
a) Google will find the web pages about Certification and also containing the word “Networking”
b) Google will find all the web pages containing the words “Certification” and “Networking”
c) Google will find all the web pages in which the words “Certification” and “Networking” appear together
d) Google will find the web pages about Certification that do not contain the word Networking (Answer)
16. Which black hat SEO technique is characterized by a method to deceive search engines, by detecting the search engine bot and “feeding” it with a different HTML code than the HTML actually served to users?
d) Cloaking (Answer)
17. Which of the following statements is correct with regard to the description meta tag?
a) It should be about 50 characters in length
b) The description should not contain the keywords
c) If the meta description is not included, the search engines will use the meta keywords for information
d) Google uses the meta description to generate the search engine results pages (Answer)
18. Which of the following factors contribute towards link popularity of a website?
a) The number of websites that link to it (Answer)
b) The number of pages of the website indexed by Google
c) The number of pages in the website
d) The quality of websites that link to it
19. Which of the following statements about the Google Sitemap are correct:
a) Repeated submission of the Sitemap to Google could be penalized (Answer)
b) It is possible to create and submit specialized Sitemaps to Google for Video and Mobile content
c) The Sitemap acceptable to Google follows an XML format
20. Which of the following statements about Google’s technical and quality guidelines are true?
a) It is advantageous if your web server supports the If-Modified-Since HTTP header
b) If using dynamic pages, it helps to keep the parameters short and the number of them few
c) Avoid using robots.txt to prevent crawling of search results pages or other auto-generated pages, even if they don’t add much value for users coming from search engines
d) Submitting new pages of your website at http://www.google.com/addurl.html as soon as they are online, helps to speed up indexing (Answer)
21 . Which of the following conditions will Google treat favorably from the ‘Relevancy’ perspective?
a) The website offering products and services to the visitors country
b) A website that provides free content for the related keywords (Answer)
c) Hidden keywords on the home page matching the search term
d) Image Alt tags on the home page matching the search term (Answer)
22. Some words, when followed by a colon, have special meanings to Yahoo. What is performed by the link: operator?
a) It shows all the outbound links from the URL
b) It shows how many pages of the site Yahoo is pointing to
c) It shows all the pages that point to that URL (Answer)
d) It shows URLs with broken links
23. Search engines do not index some common words (such as “or”, “and”, “when”, and “in”) within the webpage. What are these common words called?
a) Barrier words
b) Non-indexable words
c) Slow words
d) Stop words (Answer)
24. Which of the following statements about search engine optimization techniques are correct:
a) Making a keyword bold does not influence the way that the search engine looks at the keyword (Answer)
b) Websites with deep linking are looked at favorably by search engines (Answer)
c) Search engine robots follow the first link they find to any particular page and they do not follow additional links to the same page
d) It is not a good idea to have the same anchor text for all inbound links as it could look automated to the search engines (Answer)
25. Which of the following can be termed as good keyword selection and placement strategies?
a) Targeting synonyms of the main keyword (Answer)
b) Targeting the highest searched keywords only
c) Copying competitor keywords
d) Five or more keywords per page. (Answer)
26. What is Keyword Density?
a) The number of times the keyword is used / (DIVIDED BY) the total word count on page – (MINUS)the total words in HTML on the page
b) The number of times the keyword is used X (MULTIPLIED BY) the total word count on page
c) The number of times the keyword is used in the page description
d) The number of times the keyword is used in the page title (Answer)
e) The number of times the keyword is used and multiplied by hundred / (DIVIDED BY) the total word count on the page.
27. If a website’s search engine saturation with respect to a particular search engine is 20%, what does it mean?
a) 20% of the webpages of the website have been indexed by the search engine (Answer)
b) Only 20% of the pages of the website will be indexed by the search engine
c) 20% of the websites pages will never be indexed
d) The website ranks in the first 20% of all websites indexed by the search engine for its most important search terms
28. _________________ use both crawlers and directories to generate relevant results.
a) Crawler-based Search Engines
b) Human-Powered Directories
c) Hybrid Search Engines
d) Meta Search Engines (Answer)
29. What term is commonly used to describe the shuffling of positions in search engine results in between major updates?
b) Flux (Answer)
30. Which of the following statements about FFA pages are true?
a) They are greatly beneficial to SEO
b) They are also called link farms (Answer)
c) They are paid listings
d) They contain numerous inbound links
31. Which of the following actions could get you banned by Google?
a) Hiding text on the webpage (Answer)
b) Stuffing keywords on the webpage
c) Linking to sites banned by Google
d) None of the above
32. Which of the following website design guidelines have been recommended by Google?
Having a clear hierarchy and text links (Answer)
Every page should be reachable from at least one static text link
If the site map is larger than 100 or so links, you should break the site map into separate pages
Keeping the links on a given page to a reasonable number (fewer than 100)
Use less than 30 images or graphics per page
33. Google looks down upon paid links for enhancing page rank. If a website sells links, what action/s does Google recommend to avoid being penalized?
The text of the paid links should state the words “paid text link” for Google to identify it as a paid link
Only Paid text links to non profit websites should be accepted
Paid links should be disclosed through the “rel=nofollow” attribute in the hyperlink (Answer)
Paid links should be disclosed through the “index=nofollow” attribute in the hyperlink
34. 10 people do a web search. In response, they see links to a variety of web pages. Three of the 10 people choose one particular link. That link then has a __________ click through rate.
less than 30%
30 percent (Answer)
more than 30%
35. Which of the following is an ethical SEO Technique?
Creatingt a subdomain with the hottest keyword and creating duplicate copies of existing pages on it
Filling your pages with keywords, whether relevant to the page content or not
Creating a page which serves a different content to the search engine bots and different to human users
None of the above (Answer)
36. What will the following robots.txt file do?
a) It will allow Google to crawl any of the dynamically generated pages. It will also allow the altavista scooter bot to access every page
b) It will disallow Google from crawling any of the dynamically generated pages. It will also disallow the altavista scooter bot from accessing any page (Answer)
c) It will disallow Google from crawling any of the dynamically generated pages. It will allow the altavista scooter bot to access every page (Answer)
d) None of the above
37. What is Anchor Text?
a) It is the main body of text on a particular web page
b) It is the text within the left or top panel of a web page
c) It is the visible text that is hyper linked to another page (Answer)
d) It is the most prominent text on the page that the search engines use to assign a title to the page
38. Why is it a bad idea from the seo perspective to host free articles and write ups that are very common on the internet.
a) Because they will not lead to fresh traffic
b) Because you could get penalized by search engines for using duplicate content (Answer)
c) Because you will not get the benefits of proper keyword targeting
d) Because people could turn up claiming copy right infringement
39. Cloaking is a controversial SEO technique. What does it involve?
a) Increasing the keyword density on the web pages
B) Offering a different set of web pages to the search engines (Answer)
c) Hiding the keywords within the webpage
d) Creating multiple pages and hiding them from the website visitors
40. Which of the following statements is correct with regard to the images within a webpage?
a) Images cannot be spidered by the search engines
b) Important keywords related to the image should be placed in the ALT text (Answer)
c) Images should always be kept close to the top of a webpage
d) Image maps should be used while including the images
41. Which of the following statement about RSS is correct?
a) It is a form of XML (Answer)
b) It stands for Realtime streamlined syndication
c) It is a good way of displaying static information
d) It is a Microsoft technology
42. What is the function of “indexer” part of the Google search engine?
a) It helps to retrieve web pages from the world wide web
b) It helps to gather information from other search engines
c) It helps to sort the documents that Google has retrieved
d) It helps to generate meaningful results based upon the user’s search term (Answer)
43. Which of the following free tools/websites could help you identify which city in the world has the largest search for the keyword – “six sigma”?
a) Yahoo Search Term Suggestion Tool
c) Google Traffic Estimator
d) Google Trends (Answer)
44. What does the 302 server response code signify?
a) It signifies conflict, too many people wanted the same file at the same time
b) The page has been permanently removed
c) The method you are using to access the file is not allowed
d) The page has temporarily moved (Answer)
e) What you requested is just too big to process
45. While optimizing your website it is important to generate the right type of traffic, how does the Bounce Rate information help in this regard?
a) By letting you know the percentage of users who entered the website and then went on to visit additional pages
b) By letting you know the percentage of users who entered the website and then left without viewing any other page (Answer)
c) By letting you know the percentage of users who decided to go back to the source from where they found your website
d) By letting you know the percentage of users who left your website within 10 seconds of viewing the first page
46. Which of the following statements is correct with regard to natural links?
a) They are two way links (reciprocal links)
b) They are from authority websites
c) They are voluntary in nature (Answer)
d) They are from .edu or .gov extension websites
47. Which of the following facts about Alexa are correct?
a) Alexa provides free data on relative website visitor traffic (Answer)
b) Alexa and Quantcast provide information on visitor household incomes
c) Alexa is biased towards US based traffic
d) Quantcast only tracks people who have installed the Quantcast toolbar
48. How are site maps important for the search engine optimization process?
a) Site maps help the search engine editorial staff to quickly go through a website, hence ensuring quicker placement
b) Google gives credit to the websites having site maps. The GoogleBot looks for the keyword or title “Site Map” on the home page of a website.
c) Site maps help the search engine spider pick up more pages from the website (Answer)
d) None of the above
49. What is the name of the search engine technology due to which a query for the word ‘actor’ will also show search results for related words such as actress, acting or act?
c) RSD (real time synonym detection)
d) Stemming (Answer)
50. What is the illegal act of copying of a page by unauthorized parties in order to filter off traffic to another site called?
d) Pagejacking (Answer)
- What is the main reason for the effectiveness of optimizing a webpage towards a long tail keyword search?
a) There are more long tail searches than shorter keyword queries (Answer)
b) Search engines often pass on long tail searches to lesser known and new websites
c) Search engines do not pass on long tail search traffic to websites that rank high for shorter keyword searches
d) There are fewer websites that have targeted such keywords
- Google displays up to _____ characters of a webpage’s Title Tag.
b) 60 (Answer)
- What is the term for Optimization strategies that are in an unknown area of reputability/validity?
a) Red hat techniques
b) Silver hat techniques
c) Grey hat techniques (Answer)
d) Shady hat techniques
- A Hallway Page is used to:
a) Attract visitors from the search engines straight onto the Hallway Page
b) Organize the Doorway Pages
c) Help people navigate to different Doorway Pages
d) Enable search engine bots to index the Doorway Pages (Answer)
- Which of the following search engines or directories provides the directory search results for Yahoo?
a) Windows Live
b) Yahoo Directory (Answer)
- _________ is usually the best web page to get linked to while receiving a themed in-bound link from another website.
a) The sitemap
b) The contact page
c) The home page
d) The page which you would like to improve in the search engine rankings (Answer)
- The following robots meta tag directs the search engine bots:
a) <META NAME=”robots” CONTENT=”noindex,nofollow”>
b) Not to index the homepage and not to follow the links in the page
c) Not to index the page and not to follow the links in the page (Answer)
d) To index the page and not to follow the links in the page
e) Not to index the page but to follow the links in the page
- If you enter ‘Help site:www.expertrating.com’ in the Google search box, what will Google search for?
a) It will open up the Google help pages applicable to www.expertrating.com
b) It will find pages about help within www.expertrating.com (Answer)
c) It will only find page titles about help within www.expertrating.com
d) It will direct you to the request page for re-indexing of www.expertrating.com
- Which of the following activities could be looked down upon by Google as per their quality guidelines?
a) Using automated website submission software
b) Loading pages with irrelevant links (Answer)
c) Intentionally adding keywords to the TITLE tags and ALT attributes (Answer)
d) Registering misspellings of well-known websites
- Which search engine technology prevents a website from appearing in numerous top positions in the search engine result pages?
d) Combing (Answer)
- Which of the following factors does Google take into account while assessing whether or not a website is an authority website?
a) The frequency with which the content of the website is updated
b) The number of web pages containing relevant information on the main theme of the website
c) The number of in-bound natural links related to the website’s theme (or keywords) (Answer)
d) None of the above
- Which of the following statements regarding website content are correct?
a) If you have two versions of a document on your website, Google recommends that you only allow the indexing of the better version
b) Linking to a page inconsistently does not affect the way Google views the page/s. Examples of inconsistent linking could be http://www.expertrating.com/page/ and http://www.expertrating.com/page and http://www.expertrating.com/page/index.htm
c) Syndicating your content could lead to Google viewing the material as duplicate (Answer)
d) Placeholders for pages which do not have content are never viewed as duplicate content by Google
- Which of the following does Google uses to display characters of a web page’s Title Tag?
a) Pixel Width
b) Title Tag Character count (Answer)
c) None of the above
64. Which of the following image file types can be indexed by Google?
d) PNG (Answer)
65. Which of the following correctly describes what are considered to be “Doorway pages”?
a) Pages with a permanent redirect(301) to an external page with relevant content.
b) Pages especially designed to link partner sites.
c) Sets of poor-quality pages where each page is optimized for a specific keyword or phrase. (Answer)
d) None of these.
66. What would be the impact of meta keywords on Google’s ranking algorithm?
a) Meta keywords are not used by Google. (Answer)
b) Multiple meta keywords may bring better results in SERP.
c) Google encourages the use of a single meta keyword for each page.
d) Multiple meta keywords get penalized by Google.
67. Which of the following best describes the practice of “Google Bowling” from a negative SEO context?
a) Increasing the organic search ranking of a particular website or page by pointing hundreds or thousands of links at it, using very specific anchor text.
b) Knocking a competitor out of the search results by pointing hundreds or thousands of low trust, low quality links at their website. (Answer)
c) Making a search engine believe that another website exists at a given URL.
d) Using words which were traditionally associated with low quality content that caused search engines to want to demote the rankings of a page.
68. Which of the following HTTP headers tells search engines when content has been changed since the site was last crawled?
a) If-Modified-Since (Answer)
69. Which of the following is not a valid goal type from the perspective of Google Analytics?
c) Pages/Screens per visit (Answer)
70. Which of the following best describes a blog “TrackBack”?
a) An automated notification that a website mentioned another website; it is a built-in feature on most popular blogging software programs. (Answer)
b) A link from one website to another. It is also called an inbound link.
c) A method used to break a page down into multiple points on the web graph by breaking its pages down into smaller blocks.
d) It is a method for tracking visitors on a website.
71. Which of the following practices are allowable under Google Webmaster Guidelines?
a) Using automated programs or services to create links to a site.
b) Links with optimized anchor text in articles or press releases distributed on other sites.
c) Forum commenting with optimized links in the post or signature.
d) Advertising links that use the nofollow attribute. (Answer)
72. Please choose which of the following tool belongs to the Bing Search Engine?
a) Keyword Planner
b) SEO Analyzer (Answer)
c) Object Browser
d) Open Graph Debugger
73. Which of the following rich snippet formats are supported by Google? Select all that apply.
b) Microformats (Answer)
c) Data Highlighter
- While grading your website, Google gives credit to outbound links pointing to authority websites?
a) True (Answer)
- All major search engines are case sensitive.
b) False (Answer)
- Implementing a 301 Permanent Redirects on the old pages to redirect to the new pages is a good idea from the SEO perspective.
a) True (Answer)
- Google gives priority to themed inbound links.
a) True (Answer)
- State whether true or false.
The Yahoo Directory listing is a free service for commercial sites.
a) True (Answer)
- State whether the following statement is true or false.
A Sitemap provides a list of internal links to user accessible pages on a website.
a) True (Answer)
- Are RSS/Atom feeds returned in Google’s search results?
b) No (Answer)
- Do search engines such as Google detect unnatural linking patterns by checking the Class C IP address of the page where the link to the website originates?
a) Yes (Answer)
- If you search for the term “iq test” in the Word Tracker keyword suggestion tool, will it return the number of independent searches for the term “iq”?
b) No (Answer)