At this moment, you will want to fix the blogging tool or management you want to practice. Actually, we mention to setup your blog on one of the self-hosted platforms. But before you take the decision, you have to think about it.
Key factors in a blogging platform include:
- Pages / Posts
- Categories / Tags
- Image / Post Management
- Search Engine Optimized
Many blogging platforms offer a free or premium option. Let us define each option below in more specifics and talk about the pros and cons. When it comes to preliminary your blog, you face the following choices:
- Free blogging platforms
- Freemium blogging platforms
- Self-hosted blogging platforms (recommended)
Free blogging platforms
Free blogging platforms mean it’s free to sign up for an account, get a domain and set up your site. For many new bloggers, the accessibility of free blogging platforms is attractive. To keep your blog on a free platform, you let somebody new own your name. In this platform have rules and restrictions. Platform organization may limit or prohibit ads on your blog or even place their own ads on your blog. When you realize you’re serious about blogging, you will want to move away from it.
Free blogging platforms are given below:
- Scriptogram R.I.P.
- There are no initial start-up costs.
- It’s easy to set up and maintain without any former website design knowledge.
- Unless you pay for your own domain, you will have the Blogger or WordPress domain attached to yours, such as abc.blogspot.com or www.abc.wordpress.com.
- Free blogs seem less professional than self-hosted ones.
- You have less control over your blog. A free Blogspot blog doesn’t allow this, limiting you to only a few options. Programming platform like- CSS functions and theme selections are also limited on free blogging platforms.
- Free blogging platform has a limited amount of bandwidth, video time, and memory space.
- It’s usually limit your advertising options or harder to make money from your blog.
Premium blogging platforms
Freemium means a pricing strategy by which a product or service or you will have a trial period before you have to start paying. It is typically a digital offering or application- for example, software, media, games or web services etc. It’s provided free of charge, but the premium is charged for exclusive features, functionality or virtual goods.
There are few platforms are given below:
- You will have a trial period before you have to start paying.
- It is typically a digital offering or application- for example, software, media, games or web services etc.
- Premium is charged for exclusive features, functionality or virtual goods.
- It is pricing strategy after you start.
Self-hosted blogging platforms:
Self-hosted platforms means agree you run a blog on your own domain. According to a domain registrar and web hosting company’s rules, you are fully in charge of your blog and the contents strategy. Think ahead and own your blog is the strongest choice would be a self-hosted platform.
You have the number of choices when it comes to self-hosted blog systems. The self-hosted blogging platform is called Content Management System or CMS and the actual CMS is usually open sourced and free. By self-hosted blogging platform, you use your own web space and name for your blog. That time you will carry hosting account cost and it totally depends on the company you choose.
- You use the keyword or your name that you like.
- You have full control over your blog within its layout, search engine optimization, advertising revenue, additional functions, and more.
- You can install custom themes to brand your blog.
- You have complete access to your backend files, which allows you to make any necessary code changes.
- Using a third-party host usually costs only a few dollars per month.
- It requires an initial investment.
- It can be intimidating to new bloggers.
Important things to understand about blogging platform:
As a beginner continue to put time and energy into your blog. You will begin to see bigger returns on investment. To depend on how you are planning to manage your blog. You will need to consider the amount of time the work will require. You might want to take it seriously and update your content on daily basis. To establish your web presence and be prepared to wait, make the effort and be steady. So,
- Select your niche wisely and confirm it before you start doing anything.
- Think what content you can create to separate your blog from others.
- Choice your blogging platform and get ready to launch your blog.